Join a major player in the field of industrial property
Work with IPAZ on all aspects of industrial property: patents, source codes, domain names, trademarks, industrial designs and patterns, legal consultations, and litigation.
We have a diverse clientele. You’ll have the opportunity to advise independent inventors, academic institutions, start-ups, and large industrial groups.
Build your career in a modestly-sized organization
IPAZ currently employs approximately fifty individuals. The firm’s size enables our associates to offer clients the utmost attention and personalized service.
IPAZ is a mature organization: you’ll be supported by a dynamic and unified team.
Come grow with us
You’ll be working in an integrated environment: the firm deals with all technical fields (IT, telecommunications, physics, electronics, mechanics, biology, chemistry, etc.) and a vast array of countries throughout the world. You’ll represent clients in France and abroad.
By joining us, you’ll benefit from the firm’s growing expertise and increase your career advancement opportunities.
IPAZ® IS CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR
TWO PATENT ENGINEERS
engineers specializing in PHYSICS, MECHANICS, ELECTRONICS, or ICT, preferably CEIPI and/or EQF and/or EQE qualified:
for the Montpellier office and for the Paris office (2nd arrondissement)
Desired candidate profile:
- Engineering Degree or PhD in Science,
- A good command of English is required, as we communicate regularly with our foreign collaborators (in the US, Japan, etc.),
- A strong team spirit,
- A graduate of the CEIPI (with a specialization in patents) is preferred,
- Preferably EQE and/or EQF qualified or in pursuit of such qualification(s),
- At least two years’ experience within a firm is preferred.
- Proficiency in German is a plus.
- Drafting patent applications in French and English;
- Responding to official letters (INPI, EPO, USPTO, etc.);
- Patentability studies, freedom to operate studies, infringement complaints, and opposition procedures.
A patent paralegal
- English fluency (reading, writing, and speaking),
- Industrial property experience, preferably in a consulting firm,
- A strong team spirit.
for the Paris-Saclay or Paris office (2nd arrondissement)
- Assisting associates (performing secretarial work, drafting letters, preparing quotes and invoices, etc.);
- Handling legal/administrative procedures pertaining to patents (possibility of internal training for individuals with no patent experience);
- Handling international client relations.
Potential career advancement opportunities:
- Opportunity to take the Patent Paralegal Certificate (CAB) exam offered by the National Institute of Intellectual Property (INPI). Your responsibilities will increase along with your knowledge and abilities.
- Unsolicited applications are welcome. Feel free to take the initiative and send us your application. We may decide to hire if we see an interesting profile.
Send your application (CV and cover letter) to
Attn: Mr. Legrand. Please specify the position for which you are applying (i.e., “Montpellier Patent Engineer Application,” “Paris Patent Engineer Application,” “Paris-Saclay Patent Paralegal Application”).