IPAZ® has the expertise to handle all legal issues related to intellectual property in the field of patents, trademarks, industrial design rights, copyrights, digital works and software, databases, domain names, and all matters of strategy, management, and litigation with respect to the aforementioned topics.
IP right holders are increasingly becoming victims of infringement.
For businesses, infringement means:
- a loss of revenue and market shares;
- damage to the company’s image and reputation, insofar as counterfeit products are not controlled and may thus represent a danger to consumer health and safety.
It is therefore important to take action to prevent the importation and/or circulation of counterfeit products in the French territory and the European Union.
IPAZ® assists intellectual property right holders in implementing effective policies to prevent the counterfeiting of their goods.
With respect to patents, trademarks, domain names, and industrial designs, IPAZ® represents you before national and international intellectual property offices, as well as authorized bodies and legal authorities in both France and abroad.
Operators must also deal with duplicate industrial property title applications. We can assist you in finding alternate IP title solutions, so that you are able to legally abide by and respect the titles of other IP right holders.
- Verification of rights
- Confiscation of works infringing copyright (preparing requests, assisting bailiffs with seizure procedures, etc.)
- Synchronized seizures
- Collaboration with French or foreign customs to monitor imports of counterfeit goods
- Assistance in determining product distribution circuits and tracking down the origin of the goods
- Collaboration with attorneys in file preparation and in the elaboration of technical and legal argumentation
- Economic intelligence/Monitoring the patent/trademark/industrial design/domain name activities of your competitors or a particular business sector
- Freedom to operate studies
- Monopoly bypass solution research
- Out-of-court settlements
- Mediation and arbitration assistance
- EPO procedures
- Opposition procedures
- Representation before the French National Industrial Property Institute (INPI)
- Representation before the European Union Intellectual Property Office (EUIPO)
- Representation before the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO)
- Representation before other offices (American, etc.) via our network of local attorneys
- Legal strategies
- File preparation
- Collaboration with attorneys in conducting legal proceedings
- Nullity actions
- Infringement proceedings
- File preparation
- Conducting proceedings